If you're travelling within two hours, you can complete your trip on one fare. Transfers are available at time of boarding and are good for travel in any direction, including stopovers. Transfers are automatically applied for PRESTO card users.
Transfers are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Paper transfer is issued only at the time fare is paid.
- Transfer is valid for unlimited travel, until the time of expiry indicated on the transfer.
- Expiry time is 120 minutes (two hours) from when passenger boards the first bus.
- Expired paper transfers will not be accepted - no exceptions.
- Complete paper transfer must be presented to operator at time of boarding.
- Mutilated paper transfers will not be accepted.
- Paper transfers will not be reissued.
In case of dispute:
- Pay the full fare.
- Keep the disputed transfer and record the bus number, date and time of the occurrence. If you're a PRESTO card user, note the serial number on the back of your card.
- Contact Burlington Transit.
- Paper transfers have no cash value and are non-refundable.
- Paper transfers are only valid for use by the passenger to whom the original paper transfer was issued. Passing paper transfers to others for payment or otherwise is strictly prohibited.
- Fraudulent use of transfers is punishable by law.
GO Discount Fares
Ride Burlington Transit for a reduced rate when you combine your trip with GO Transit services. Your reduced fare can be paid in cash or with a PRESTO card.
Cash payments are accepted ONLY when showing the bus driver your valid GO single-ride ticket or valid GO day pass upon boarding. PRESTO cards automatically handle your GO discount fare and are accepted when transferring to/from the bus at GO rail stations and GO bus connections.
For more information about fare integration, view fare information or visit the GO Transit website.
GO station bus stop location maps are also available.
Oakville Transit and Hamilton Street Railway (HSR)
Travel to and from neighbouring communities, Oakville and Hamilton, on just one fare. Request a transfer when paying your initial fare. Transfers are automatically applied for PRESTO card users.
Get more information about routes and schedules for Oakville Transit and the Hamilton Street Railway.